Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday Squee: Fantasy Faire

Fairlands Junction: Tiny Flickers

Fantasy Faire is going on until May first, and I love it to distraction. This year, I'm doing my best to do three kinds of posts for each sim. One about the landscaping and rezzable poses form each sim, making a scene and writing a few details about the items. One about the sim itself, with all of the details. And one about an outfit, with pictures taken on the sim. I've been going to the amazing events, watching the shows and sometimes taking pictures. Plus there's an amazing literary challenge, where you can write a story for each sim. Ironically, the last is going in the opposite order of my posts - someday soon I'll meet myself in the middle!

I love the sheer explosive glee of the Fantasy Faire: the excesses, the over-indulgences, the creativity and enthusiasm. I love exploring each sim - fourteen this year! - and crawling into the minds and inner worlds of amazing creators. Many of these creators return from year to year, making bridges between the sims they create and linking together those Fairelands from year to year in style and substance. I love the people, and how much they love what they do. I love the silliness, the kindness, the focus on the positive to the exclusion of almost everything else.

There's another week of Fantasy Faire - come and join us in this excess of imagination! I look forward to seeing you there.

Blackmoor: Stone Guardian

( All Fantasy Faire Poses )

No comments:

Post a Comment