Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sunday Squee: Cole's Particles

The Sunday Squee is about things that make me happy and excited. From books to movies to television shows to podcasts, I'll highlight less commonly known things as a way to share what I love. If you want to join in the Sunday Squee, please link back to me, magnifying both of our joy.

Blood Dance: On Edge

Several years ago - in 2009 - I was at a Gothic Lolita Party in Second Life. It was early in my party days and early in my meeting people days. I'd been lured there by Morrigan Denimore, who I still remember, and the other host was a woman named ColeMarie Soleil of whom I knew very little. I'd been hanging around, chatting, and trying my hands at taking pictures using windlight; I felt happy and a little awkward, unsure of my welcome but determined to remain, and without even knowing how I ended up in the small circle at the end of the party chatting away into the evening.

Blood Dance: Slide


One result of that conversation was that ColeMarie passed me a folder named "**CC** - Particle Package". This was before I knew anything of particles or building, and very little of the ways and means of making things, and I still remember the absolute delight I felt when I put on Luna-Sea and danced my way across a line leaving a wake of dark green and aquamarine in my wake or wore the Pink Lemonade hand attachments and suddenly bubbles sprouted from my fingers in colors which swung wildly from magenta to yellow, and every shade in between. It took me a long while to figure out how to find her store, Cole's Corner, and when I did I was shocked to find she hand blithely handed me some of the most beautiful things of her creation at that time - a beauty and skill which has only grown over time.

Blood Dance: Dip

She came onto my radar again only recently, when Fallen Gods had their Eternal Hunt and her Infinity Strings were one of the prizes. I couldn't resist trying to capture a hint of her particles in motion, and these images are the result - an examination of red against a black background, the particles and my movements interacting perfectly to create moments of brilliance. I love the vividness of the colors, the combination of dust and strings which makes each movement dynamic, and how each image is different simply by virtue of the randomness introduced by the particle explosions. The interactivity of Cole's creations continues to inspire and delight me, and I hope you'll enjoy them as well!

Blood Dance: Pool

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Shiori
Eyes: .:Soul:., Roomee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands & Feet: SLink, Hands & High Feet
Particles: Cole's Corner, Infinity String - Firey
Outfit: Nomi, Hyakiyakou (gacha)
Shoes: Painfully Divine, Steele

Pose: Animazoo, Belly Dance Deluxe

Location: My Platform

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, Arrangement

No comments:

Post a Comment