Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday Squee: Roses

The Sunday Squee is when I can talk about things that make me happy and excited. The main focus will be on different things people created, from books to movies to television shows to podcasts, and my effort will be to highlight less commonly known things as a way to share what I love. If you want to join in the Sunday Squee, please link back to me so I can enjoy what you love!

Snow White Finding the First Apple

I adore roses - all kinds, all colors, all varieties - and I have for most of my life. I love how it opens, thin petals blossoming out from a tight heart. I love all of the color varieties, from the color contrast of fire and ice to the purity of single color flowers. I love all the different scents, from the light and sweet yellow, to the rich and dark red. Images of climbing roses trellised all over my house fill my dreams - however unlikely that eventuality might be. In Second Life, roses are somewhat rare but beautifully made, frozen in their moments of singular loveliness.

Crystal and Roses

I especially love wearing the roses and dresses made of roses - the way they can be tucked into hair or frame the curves of a bodice always leave me thrilled, and they're all but made to twine around the waist and then fall in graceful rain to the ground! I also love over-sized roses I can stand on and use to decorate - there is something amazing about being the size of a large blossom and spinning on top of it in dance. Roses are amazing in any world, but in Second Life I can be an insect drawn to their glory!

Coming in for a Soft Landing

( More Sunday Squee here. )

No comments:

Post a Comment