Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cherry Blossom Princess

Stepping into the Courtyard

This has been a very eventful month already, and I've had such fun - but I'm feeling a little poor. The nice thing is, even if my pockets are empty, my inventory is full, and I had such a ball pulling together items from a few different events to make a fantastic, royal look. I also found a gorgeous new sim for pictures - Nagare - which has a wonderful, formal design with beautiful cherry blossom petals flying around like magic. I found myself quite entranced by them, and by the ever-present rain which is only barely visible in these pictures; it was soothing without being overwhelming. I'm seeking soothing a lot these days; life has been pretty hectic and upsetting, and so I dive deeper into the things I love - pretty clothing, taking pictures, and baking. The poses I used are all from Fit for a Princess, a royal set from Lalochezia which worked well with my gown - though sometimes the sleeves caught on themselves here and there. I'm really looking forward to see more poses from this store.

Lilies and Roses

Speaking of pretty clothes - this gown from Junebug is another of the Fit for a Princess event offerings, and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it on the feeds - though picking a single color was really difficult. I love the poofy quality of it, something difficult to render in rigged mesh, and the layers of fabric. The ripples of fabric fall well even with different leg poses - in the top picture you can see how a lifted foot kicks the skirt up like a breeze is ruffling it without causing unnatural jaggedness in the fabric. The corset bends with motion well, as well, and I love that the sleeves are bell like but don't cover the wrist, allowing me to show off some bracelets. The texturing is also gorgeous; the lace of the bodice adds some texture to the whole look, and then is repeated in the sleeves only semi-transparent; having only a few spots of complicated texture really make them stand out. The seams are thick and rolled at the waist, and bands of velvet trip along the sides of the bodice; I find touches like this add to the verisimilitude of an outfit and make it seem more polished. I paired it with the sets of creamy lilies and roses from The Annex at We <2 RP which I simply couldn't resist. I tinted them more cream to match the gown, but otherwise they were completely perfect - especially when I found the bands of pearls of the headband framed the forehead braid of this hair from Wasabi Pills perfectly. I love it when two completely different stores release items which fit together as if they were made for each other - and this is definitely an example of that. I added a necklace and bracelets from League for that final bit of creamy pearl, and again it looks like it was all made for each other, and simply perfect. Given how much older the jewelry is than the rest of my look, it's really amazing how seamlessly it melds in to make the perfect princess glow. The final piece were these gorgeous wings from Una, which I've gotten a lot of use out of - I'm glad I played the gacha so much to get so many colors, though I wish I could have been able to buy a fatpack. They have a formal, elegant appearance which makes me a perfect, clockwork pearl princess.

Dreaming Dance

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Stella
Flowers: The Annex, Purity of Spring (We <3 RP)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Adore & Abhor, Princess Wish
Wings: Una, Steampunk Wing
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Adore & Abhor, Princess Destiny
Jewelry: League, Pearls & Lace
Dress: Junebug, Principessa (Fit for a Princess)

Poses: Lalochezia

Location: Nagare: Home of the Blue Lotus Clan

Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Precision Blue
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment